Saturday, August 16, 2008

Red Triangles

While I was up this morning at 5am, refusing to go back to sleep...my mamma called me a little devil and it got her thinking about my "stork bite/angel kiss" on my forehead. Basically the large red triangle or "V" that I have had since birth. It seems to be disappearing and sometimes it is almost not even noticeable...but when I get angry or cry, it turns bright red and that is when mommy calls me her little devil!! My CiCi was reading a book recently, "The Hummingbird's Daughter" by Luis Alberto Urrea- that refutes this idea of the "V" going hand and hand with trouble. Here is an excerpt for ya...

"And in a moment that seemed like forever yet no time at all, Teresita came falling into the world. She did not cry. As Huila wiped her face, she looked, as she always must, very closely. She had seen few signs of late, and she didn't expect a sign here in this poor shack with this poor little Hummingbird. Yet the infant had a single red triangle on her forehead. RED TRIANGLES, Huila knew, were reserved for the POWERFUL ONES."

So- next time that red triangle or "V" appears on my forehead, remember that it is a good thing. That being said- watch out!! For I am one powerful and important little bugger! (Greta...make sure you share this with your parents since we are red triangle kindred spirits, bonded for life!!)

3 comments:

Evie and Greta (and their mommy) said...

Too cool! I may have to rip you off again and steal that quote for a post on Greta's "power triangle"! (We always knew they were special, eh?)
xoxo, K

CiCi said...

Jack, you are so beyond special, we don't need a book quote to make it so. You are so very, VERY powerful. How do I know? You have managed to make grown men speak in "baby talk"; strong women are speech less in your presence; and big, black dogs "sneaky" crawl to you, just to be able to kiss you ! ! ! Yes, Chimmy, you are one very special young man, and your CiCi gave her heart to you the minute, no, the second you were born.

Anonymous said...

Jack~
You're such a sweet little boy that I know you'll always use your "power" for good and not evil...unless evil gets you something you REALLY want!

Love you, kiddo!
Auntie Lisa