Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Balancing Act

I just cannot stop learning new things! Yesterday I was not doing this. Today- Voila!!!!! It is only for about 2-3 seconds...but did you just see what I did??? I stood & balanced all by myself without holding on to anything! All morning I have been testing this out. At first- I could only do this for like a thousandth of a second, but I kept trying & trying all day and I finally worked my way up to an amount of time a bit more tangible. This is just so exciting to me. One more "step" towards walking. As you all know- my mommy is not ready for this...but I like making her day a bit more fun! She might say difficult- but I prefer to spin it a bit more positively- so fun it is!!

The day was not without it's failures, though...face planting is all part of the process! Check me out...this one looks like it could have hurt but I did not even cry. Hey- no one can say I am a wimpy boy!!!

8 comments:

Evie and Greta (and their mommy) said...

Ouch! What a brave little boy you are smacking your sweet cheeks like that on the floor/toys without even a whimper!

I thought Greta was advanced with her crawling and standing, but you are just crazy advanced little boy! You will be walking and running when other babies your age are just learning to crawl!!!

Love, Auntie KK

CiCi said...

Darling boy, you continue to amaze me! At this rate, you'll be WALKING to your Christmas tree! ! ! ! Enjoy your day with all your Ryan relatives. I love you Jack.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing and strong and sooooo cute! I am dying to see you so you can show me all your tricks in person!

Love Auntie Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jack, Our bet was you would be walking by Christmas - not Thanksgiving. This summer we imagined you just beginning to walk about on the beach with Mom and Dan following. They had better start jogging this winter, because you will not be walking, but skipping, running and jumping
all around Avalon.
Watch out Christmas Tree!
Love Nana

Anonymous said...

Jack:
You da man.

- unlke paul

Devine Intervention said...

"That is so OWWIE...That is so silly...Now you can almost walk by yourself!

Miles and Annie

Anonymous said...

Jack,
You are a real risk taker albeit not too graceful. Just keep getting up. Poppy says you can do it, boy!
Love,
Mommom and Poppy

Andrea said...

Great job buddy! I was wincing when I saw the face plant, but I'm glad you were a big boy about it and didn't let it phase you! You are fascinating Jack! I'd like to get in on that bet that you'll be walking by Thanksgiving. I don't have any cash, but I do have a few pacifiers I can ante up!