Sunday, February 8, 2009

Date Night

Mommy and daddy have started to have "Date Night" once a month and, can you believe it...they leave me at home?? Mommy has wanted to have some nice adult time with daddy for a while now- but is never one to ask people to do anything for her, so there has not been anyone to watch me and facilitate this date night. Mommy's first sentence when she was a little girl was "All by self" and she definitely lives by this. Since CiCi knows her so well and knows that she will not ask anyone to do anything for her unles it is an emergency- she offered to watch me once a month so mommy and daddy can have some time to hang out with their friends, or to just go enjoy being with each other, without little old me barging in on their "together time."
Mommy has been preparing me all week for a visit from CiCi and Bud so I was not surprised when they showed up at our house...but I think they might have been a little shocked to see me because I was naked on my bottom half, with mommy was chasing me around the house trying to get a diaper on me!! I have started fighting the diaper changing process now that I am so mobile- and I just like to walk away from her. Mommy is trying to perfect the "stand up" diaper change- but it is harder than it looks because I just do not like to hold still!! CCi did not m,ind my nakee hiney, though- she just scooped me up and gave me kiss after kiss after kiss!!! Bud was a little more subdued- but I got tons of smiles out of him when I was wearing his hat and strutting around showing him my cool moves.
As always- I had a GREAT time playing with my grandparents. I REALLY appreciate the monthly commitment they have made to watch me. Not only does it make me happy to see them- but I like seeing mommy and daddy get some time to themselves- because I know I am a handful! Thanks, guys!! I'll be in touch to see what date works for you for OUR date night in March!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack, tell your mommy and daddy that they can schedule me in for once a month as well. Now they will get two date nights a month, or friend time to get away. Also tell her she should ask people, they want to help out and get to see your beautiful face!

CiCi said...

Toddle-Lishy, mommy thinks our offer to babysit is for HER benefit...HA HA HA!. Shhhh, let it be our secret that it's OUR special time for bonding and FUN...lots of FUN.
What a treat it was for Bud and me to see you toddling EVERYWHERE! Whether your clothes are on or off you are one adorable little hoot of a grandson! Can't wait 'till our next "mommy and daddy's night out".
I love you, darling!

Anonymous said...

Count me in for a night, too! I need the practice and I love your cute self!