
Well...it seems as though I am a full fledged toddler now- including a
cting up and needing time outs. Mommy and daddy thought long and hard about how & where to make me serve my time and came up with a pillow on the floor- that way time outs could travel. If it was a specific chair or place in our house- then it might be harder to give me time outs on the fly. This has, unfortunately for me, seemed to work very well so far. The only roadblock that mommy has run into recently was when I was throwing the food out of the cart at the grocery store and would not stop when asked- she had to improvise and stuck me in a relatively empty isle, while she turned her back to me. The one older lady who happened to
stumble down the pasta isle during my minute of reflection might have thought the scene a little weird...but mommy is over being
embarrassed by me in public- so I guess I better shape up out in public 'cause who knows how she will have to make it work next time. When mommy first started giving me the dreaded time out...I just did not understand that I needed to sit on that darned pillow. Well- after me trying to get up about 30+ times for
my first few attempts with staying put at time out- I finally got the picture and realized the sooner I just sat there- the sooner my punishment would be over. It is not so bad- but when mommy forgets about me and I sit on the pillow for 5 minutes (like I did today because she forgot about me while talking on the phone to Miss Lisa) I get a little upset with her. Even though she did this to me- I was a good little boy and did not even make a peep (which I guess is how she forgot about me.) I guess these time outs are just a part of my life now. Even though I do get more of them than I would like to admit for throwing things and hitting
mamma- I am certain that once I get a better hold on my verbal skills and communicate better, I will have less frustration and the time outs will become fewer and further between!
2 comments:
Jack, there is never, I repeat, NEVER a time out on love. Listen to your momma, never hit her, and remember that we all love you ALL THE TIME.
See you soon, sweetie.
Jack, take it from a kid who has had their fair share of timeouts in life- mommy disciplines you because she loves you. Like CiCi said, there is never a timeout on love, just not so great behavior!
Post a Comment