Thursday, August 28, 2008

An Important Day


Today is a very important day. First of all- it is a day of remembrance. A year ago today, my family lost a wonderful woman, my Gram Williams. I never got the chance to meet her- but I was growing in mommy's belly when she was alive. She was my Mommom's mommy- and I know that Mommom is feeling sad today- missing her. I can't imagine life without my mommy- so I know it is hard for Mommom, all her siblings & her Dad. So- even though I did not meet Gram- her memory will live on in many stories that I will surely here from mommy & Mommom!!!

Secondly- it is Uncle Sam's BIRTHDAY!! Happy 27th, Uncle Boog! I hope you have a super day and I cannot wait to see you this weekend to celebrate. Pretty cool that I was named after you and we were both born on the 28th, huh?? It was just meant to be...

So- lastly...today is also my 5 month B-Day! I just cannot believe that I have been here for almost half of a year. Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that I was just hanging out in a very warm, dark, confined place just waiting to join you all here?? Can anyone even remember life before me?? I know it seems like a distant memory for mommy and daddy!!! So- mommy and I didn't really celebrte- we just hung out and tried to get some good naps in to prep for Labor Day Weekend at the shore! She also took about 12 dozen pictures of me. I know I am good looking- but not that good looking, mommy. Give the camera a rest! The day ended well because daddy got home from work earlier than normal. What a nice day- looking to the past, living in the present, and eagerly anticipating the future!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack, Dearest Chimmy, we are all part of a circle, your Great-Grandmom's circle ended before your's began, but your mommy and Mom Mom will tell you all about her. No one is ever truly gone if they are remembered by just one person, and Great Grand-Mom Williams will be remembered by so very many.

How lucky you are sweet heart, to have a mommy that is so very caring, that she remembers everyone, yes everyone, that she loves. Lucky for you, too, that she is setting such a wonderful example for you, and you will follow in her fabulous footsteps. I love you both, and can't wait to hold you and mommy in my arms... sleep well tonight. Love, CiCi

Anonymous said...

Jack, you are a special guy with a special family. How lucky you are to have people around you that remember the past and celebrate life and all it has to offer. Happy Birthday- see you this weekend in Avalon!

Evie and Greta (and their mommy) said...

Happy birthday, Sam, and happy 5 months, Jack!!! Time is flying, isn't it??
P.S. That middle photo reminds me a bit of how your mommy sometimes looked in the morning when we were in college....the mornings where we usually ended up at Burger King.