Monday, July 14, 2008

Sleep Updates


Well...it is pretty much official that I am sleeping on my tummy now. Either that or my side. Occasionally I will still sleep on my back- but I seem to sleep longer and better and actually fall asleep a bit easier if I am placed on my tummy or side. As Mommy mentioned before this kinda freaks her out- especially when I do not turn my head and she finds me face down on the mattress!!!!! I can still breathe- and she knows I am strong enough to adjust my head- but it worries her none the less.
I am also sleeping in my room now during naps. No more pack n' play in the living room!! Mommy has not put me up in my room at night yet- but will do that within the next few days if my naps continue to go as well as they have been. Mommy just turns on the fan at a low speed (because I LOVE breeze on me) and also turns on my white noise machine. I prefer the womb, rain and THUNDER sounds the best!! Can you believe they have a thunder sound and that is my nick name???? Anyway--I will keep you updated on how my sleeping progresses...
For all of you that have not seen my nursery- here area few pics for you. I am always happy and smiling when in my room. I love to stare at the circles on my ceiling and the stripes on my walls. I also really enjoy the pictures above the chair where Mommy nurses me. They are very graphic vibrantly colored animals with letters on them! So cool...I love my room!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack, you're such a big boy with all that sleeping-on-your tummy-business! Elizabeth did the same thing to me and it freaked me out like it does your mommy. But you'll be fine. You're big and strong and probably a bit stubborn too so there's no changing your mind now that you've experienced good "tummy sleep"!

Hugs & Kisses,
Lisa & Elizabeth

CiCi said...

Jack, I spent many of my sixty years happily sleeping on my tummy. CiCi has words of advice for you, little one, sleep more, cry less. I love you, Chimmie!